Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Showered With Love

We had our first baby shower over the Labor Day holiday weekend - thrown by our Florida Family. And as usual, it was spectacular. Simon and I took Friday off and drove down. Skip, Lori and the girls were a few hours behind us. We stayed in NanaBob's house across the street from the Micklers. At one point Allie said, "Mommy, I like this house better than ours." She's in a fairly complimentary mood these days, but I think she might have stayed there forever if we let her!



Dad Mickler and Simon headed to the Gator game in Gainesville Saturday afternoon while I stayed inside with the AC on full blast. The Erwin clan hit the sights on St. George Street but then also had to come hibernate indoors with me!

The shower was Sunday evening, and thankfully, the heat and humidity had dissipated a bit...and by dissipated, I mean it was only 90 degrees with 70 percent humidity. :) We had a delicious spread of food and fun boy blue decorations everywhere. Isla and Allie enjoyed passing out our presents.


I think you can view most of the present-opening fun in the video above? (We...ok I cannot lie.....my favorite gift was, of course, his first Gamecock jersey!) It's kinda long, but be sure and skip to the end to see the special messsage from Allie.

Needless to say, it was a wonderful weekend, and we are truly blessed to have such awesome extended family.

THANKS Florida Family!!




Love, Alli, Simon & Baby Z

1 comment: