Monday, September 17, 2012

A 30-Week Update

Baby Z is pretty active...especially in the mornings at work. At today's 30-week appointment, the doctor went to listen for his heart rate and kept saying, "Wow, he is a mover." Needless to say, he found a solid place to listen in, and Baby Z's heart rate sounded great. The doctor also pushed around my belly and confirmed that he's head down with his bum right up in my right rib cage. That was our theory since that part of my belly is as hard as a rock, and I can feel him sneak up there from time to time. Supposedly, all the movement could start to slow down soon since he's going to start running out of room.

Here's how we're looking:



Simon and I had our first childbirth classes Thursday and Friday nights last week. They were pretty helpful, and we had a fun teacher (which always helps). Probably the best piece of advice she gave was to the dads: "Don't watch any procedure that starts with an E!" (epidural, episiotomy, evacuation of anything....you get the point!)

I'm still feeling pretty good. Other than when he seems to crawl up in my right side, I can still sit comfortably and breathe well. I am still able to be pretty active, and my energy level lasts fairly well these days.

After cooking me breakfast Saturday, Simon and I started painting his room. I think it looks really good. The color is called Deep Ocean Blue, and I'd say that's a pretty fair name. Lori and the girls came over to look at it Sunday, and they agreed. Uncle Skip will come paint all the edging for us sometime soon. Neither Dad nor I are patient enough to do a good job at that!

French toast...yummy!
 

 
Here is the fabric up against the paint on the wall. We've ordered enough fabric for Miss Nadine to make some curtains for his room. I can't wait for it to come in.  I've also ordered a fitted sheet off Etsy in the same pattern.
 
 

I am now seeing the doctor every two weeks, so we should have another update on Baby Z's progress in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment