Monday, November 12, 2012

Really, I am only 5'6"....a 38 week update

Well, not too much news here on the baby baking front...other than Baby Z is still in the oven. He must like it in there.

He's still pretty active and wakes me up several times a night, but for the most part I am able to fall back asleep. I did have one night last week where I didn't....so I was a hot mess the following day. Luckily my boss is super cool and told me to go home and take a nap. So I did and felt like a million bucks when I woke up!

This weekend, we were at the Erwins (as usual), and Lori snapped this sweet picture of Allie admiring Sweetie (her name for Baby Z). She is totally in love with my belly. I wonder if she's just going to be done with me once he comes out. This week, she told me she thinks he's going to come out of my face. I said, "yeah, that sounds about right!" I mean, who wants to explain this to a 5-year-old?


We had our 38 week appointment today. I saw the one female in my practice, and once again, she asked, "How tall are you?" To which I replied, "Seriously, I'm 5'6"." She felt all around my belly and thinks Baby Z may already be 8 pounds. She thinks my pelvis could handle an 8.5 pounder, so she's not too worried, but she does want me back in on Friday for an ultrasound to try and get a better look at his size.

She was super sweet in suggesting it...as if I'm not concerned about giving birth to a 10+ pound baby. I reassured her that I am QUITE  HAPPY to come into the office whenever she wants me to in order to check on this baby's size. None of the male doctors in the practice have been the slightest bit concerned for me having a whopper baby. They've all just said, "oh yeah, he's big!" To which I'm like...uh, thanks. I mean what do you say to that other than....well, let's talk about getting him out! Needless to say, I wanted to hug the doctor today when she asked me to come back THIS WEEK and checked all the appropriate paperwork boxes to get insurance to cover the ultrasound.

So we shall see....I will continue to try my best to make him come out before Friday, but I still feel pretty 'normal' for whatever that's worth. I'm just not sure he's planning on making any appearances this week.....but my fingers are crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, a baby before week's end?! I'm not ready! This went so fast!

    ReplyDelete