Saturday, December 15, 2012

4 Weeks Down

Well, I can hardly believe what I am typing....lil XYZ is 4 weeks old today. Was it really 4 whole weeks ago that I woke up and thought, "hmmm, did I just pee in my pjs?"

After watching the terrible news about what happened in Connecticut, I'm sure we're all hugging our babies a little tighter these days....and seriously considering home schooling even more than ever! (Wonder if I could get my sister's family to move to Charlotte for this....Kim, don't you want to hang with your two sisters EVERY DAY?)

Anywho....this is also my birthday weekend....and possibly the first birthday in 35 years where I haven't reminded people one month in advance that Dec. 16 is coming up! I suppose being totally consumed with another life will do that for you. I mean how could you think of your own birthday when this little guy is smiling at you?


 
 
The past 4 weeks have seen a lot of change already. XYZ is starting to get a little more regular...sleeping and pooing. Although once I think I have one sleep pattern figured out, he goes and changes it. Again, this whole 'child rearing' thing is definitely a team sport. The week had caught up with me yesterday, and by the time Simon was home from work, I was exhausted. Luckily, Simon is a champ, and I went to bed at 7 and got 7 whole hours of uninterrupted sleep.....CRAZY! I feel like a new woman this morning.
 
On a side note...I thought I'd share this hilarious photo of what our Sunday afternoons look like as I mention them often. We are hanging at the Erwin's house.....and no, that's not XYZ in my lap....he's been confiscated by his faux grandma. But I get my hair done by Lily, a warm lap from Charlene (the dog) and baby rearing lessons with the doll from Allie. Sundays are big days for the Zora family!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Awww... :) Have a great Birthday, Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Allison! I got this link from Briana and love seeing the pics. We miss you around the office but I suspect you aren't missing us too much! Congrats again on the new bundle of joy.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete