Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's not actually all about me

Even though - as I was reminded this weekend - I didn't cut my own meat until I was probably well into my teens, I do realize this life is not all about me. And what can I say...I had a grandfather who enjoyed taking care of me.

With that in mind, I shall try and make this blog NOT all about me either!

So here goes my first attempt:

I must admit, when I'd heard about my friend Kim's diagnosis, I was scared. Kim was 33 and had just added a sweet baby girl to her family six months prior. After losing a dear friend to cancer not too long ago, I had begun to think of the 'c-word' as something that was unbeatable. Luckily, I was WRONG. Kim has beaten her cancer and is proof that something so negative can really bring out the best in people.

Instead of me trying to tell her story here, I encourage you to read it here.

 
Kim's Family


And so yes, I am also asking for your donations to our team: Team Kim. We're walking in the Oct. 6 Komen for the Cure Walk in Charlotte. You can donate on my page here. The others on my team are certain that I will be able to raise a bazillion dollars, so please don't let them down (no pressure!)

But really....thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment