Monday, October 29, 2012

More showers and some 36 week progress

Well, it is official - Baby Z can arrive! After 2 showers in as many days, we now have pretty much everything he needs to come home.

My office threw me a shower Thursday, where we got a cool space saver high chair seat that reclines enough so even an infant/newborn can sit at the table with you. They also got us the fancy video monitor I'd randomly stuck on the registry, which is pretty darn cool. We'll be able to see Baby Z in his room and even talk to him through the monitor.

Saturday was our 'Charlotte Shower' at Lori's house. I had a great time catching up with everyone and thoroughly enjoyed the Chick-fil-A nugget tray. (I know, it doesn't take much to impress me!)

 
 
Here are some other shots:

Tanya is one month behind me (due Christmas Eve). Yeah, you can't tell!

Trina just had a lil one about 12 weeks ago...yeah, you can't tell!
 



And one of the gifts especially made for Simon:

We also got his car seat, so now we can legally bring him home from the hospital. We weren't exactly sure what we were going to do if he arrived before the shower, but now we don't have to worry....it is installed and everything now.

Speaking of, our bag is packed and in my trunk now too. I had my 36 week appointment today and heard enough stories about people being sent straight to the hospital from their doctor's office that I didn't want to be stranded.

Clearly, since I'm here typing this, I was not sent to the hospital after the appointment, but the doctor was pleased with my progress. I am still measuring a week ahead. Baby Z is still head down and "in position" (engaged). I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, which of course really means nothing, but at least we know something is happening in preparation for the big day. I'm fine with all that too. As the doctor said, we'd like to keep him in at least one more week. I told him I would do my best! (as if I have anything to do with it!)

And as promised, here are a few more of the pictures my friend Annie took of us a few weeks back. I can't wait to get some printed/framed!






Unless we go to the hospital, we go back to the doctor in one week to keep an eye on things! Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment