Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Curtains!

literally and figuratively....for the treadmill and Baby Z's room!

Well, we'll see. For the past couple of weeks, I've been able to keep up my 30 minute runs three times a week. Just this past Friday, I started feeling like maybe it's time to start walking - not necessarily because I don't feel good running, but mostly because I don't really feel any better after running. So I told myself Friday that I would give it one more week. Today was a good treadmill day, but again, I didn't really get that 'runners' high' that I'd been getting in the previous weeks, so I'm wondering if that is my body telling me to start walking maybe? I'll finish out this week and see how I feel just walking next week. Should be interesting....

Because everyone seems to be shocked at the fact that I've been running, here's a little snapshot of what I look like afterward....just to proove that it's not like I'm out there running marathons weekly or anything...see my hair isn't even that sweaty:





So - as for the literal curtains, here's a peek:



My awesome faux in-laws came over Saturday to hang the rod and get exact measurements for the hem. I absolutely love them....and to top it off, they have that blackout stuff on the back, so his room can get nice and cozy even during daylight hours.

We continued our nesting by busting out the pack-n-play for a test run...looks good! Once the curtains are hung, Baby Z's room will be pretty much ready!

And speaking of peeks....here are some photos from our friend Annie. Annie has a regular 'ole corporate job during the day, but luckily for her friends and family, she has a super after-work hobby that involves a fancy camera and chasing awesome outdoor lighting. We are blessed to have her as a friend!



More to come after she finishes editing the 200+ she took at the park!

I have my 36 week appointment next Monday, and I'm super curious to see if anything is happening. Lately I've been having the feeling that maybe I will, in fact, go all 40 weeks. As my faux mother-in-law reminded me this weekend...I'm not exactly built like my sisters! (Though I think she thinks I'm a giant even though I'm only 5'6"....she's maybe 4'10") If I continue to feel as I have been feeling, then I'm ok with making it to 40 weeks....and as long as Simon agrees to continue rubbing my feet at the end of days where I stand too much! (I'm sure I can convince him)

We have our final shower this weekend...I'm calling it the Charlotte Shower! I'm excited to have all my friends in one place at one time. Stay tuned for photos from that fun event!


No comments:

Post a Comment