Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nothing "to get excited about"

...or at least that's what the doctor said at my 34 week appointment Monday. He was refering to the size of my belly.

So yes, Baby Z is "measuring big" - whatever that means. But he has been measuring at least a week ahead since he was just a blob on the ultrasound screen. After our baby CPR instructor looked at me Sunday and said, "whoa - you look different since the last time I saw you..." or something to that effect, I thought I'd follow up with the doctor. Of course, he was nonchalant in his response. I realize he's probably seen upteen 12 pound babies, but I do not feel the need to set any records here! Oh well, the doctor said he measures fine, his heart sounds great, my numbers are great, so we are in good shape....at least for the next two weeks. Since I am actually feeling fine, I have resigned myself to put away all the sweet newborn clothes friends have given us and focus on the 3-month and up outfits!

What was supposed to be a relaxing weekend of doing nothing of course turned into a weekend filled with activity, but I suppose I should just get used to that, right? Baby Z finally has a curtain rod to go with his curtain fabric, and we even picked out some fabric for Nadine to make us a fun window seat cushion.

I have had two girlfriends give me loads of boy stuff recently, so I finally got around to washing/organizing the piles. Here's what that process looked like:




I am pretty sure Baby Z is all set on clothes until he is 6 months....whooo hoo!

And as the nesting continued, Simon even got involved and set up one of Baby Z's swings in the living room:


We used books to test the weight while in operation....hence the blurriness of the photo.

Our Sunday was spent at Baby CPR class and one called Taking Care of Baby. We bathed our baby, changed his diaper and learned some basic CPR skills.
 
Interestingly enough, the other three moms in the class were also "measuring big," so I'm beginning to think maybe there's something in the Charlotte water supply? Even the mom having a girl looked as big as I look...and she was a week behind me! OR - my favorite big-belly theory....people have no idea what they're talking about, and I'm going to have a very average 6 to 7 pound baby in a few weeks.
 
So we did manage one moment of relaxation during the weekend....we ventured to the movie theater to see Argo. Even though it was a bit warm in the theater, I can say it was well worth the heat. Great movie!


1 comment:

  1. Seems you're on your way to setting some Aiken-baby birth weight records!

    ReplyDelete