Monday, October 8, 2012

Life at 33 Weeks

So this past weekend, I was supposed to walk the Komen Race for the Cure 5K with a group of friends to celebrate Kim's defeat of breast cancer. We were excited to join the Charlotte walk to help celebrate Kim's home run. (you may remember this post I wrote about it)

Well, when reality set in that I would need to be at the starting line around 6:30 a.m., I began to rethink my plan. We'd just learned in some of our baby classes that you NEVER wake a sleeping pregnant woman, so I was pretty sure Team Kim would understand if I showed up a little late to the walk...and of course, they did. I was able to run in at the very last turn of the walk and meet up with everyone. It was super cool. At the finish line, they called out the survivors' names as they crossed the finish line...needless to say, there weren't many dry eyes at the finish line. But luckily they were tears of joy for Team Kim. Here's a shot of her awesome family after the walk:


After the walk, Team Kim had a picnic at a local park.....a great way to continue our celebration of Kim's journey. Here's part of the team at the picnic.



While I was walking and celebrating, Simon and our faux father-in-law were hanging Baby Z's ceiling fan. Simon is also becoming quite the pro at ceiling fans, so he said it took them no time. Now the room is officially ready....ok, well as long as his curtain fabric shows up at the store Tuesday. (that's a whole other story for another day)



After the walk, Simon and I had a wedding shower to attend (busy day). The groom is a huge Clemson fan, so his awesome fiancee got him a Clemson-themed groom's cake that we ate at the shower...here is it in all its ridiculousness:


Horrendous, I know! Luckily it tasted good. There were 3 pregnant ladies at the shower including me, so we all had a blast comparing notes and asking questions of each other. I'm sure everyone else was trying to avoid us like the plague, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless!

So as you can see, life at 33 weeks has yet to slow down. Luckily, we were able to spend Sunday at the Erwin's again watching yet another ridiculous Panthers game but eating good food.

Our next few weekends are clear, so we plan to keep it that way since eventually I will need to learn to sit down.


No comments:

Post a Comment