Monday, October 1, 2012

A 32 Week Update

We had another big weekend this past week.

I spent Saturday in Columbia celebrating Baby Z and my sister's newest addition Baby K. Isn't she sweet.

 
 
She came a little early (what else is new with this family), so the doctor advised she not come to the dual shower mom had planned at California Dreaming. So instead, after we were through there, me, Mom, Robin, Lori and her girls brought the shower to Kim's house.
 
Here are some shots from the California Dreaming event:
 
 
 
 


 
 
Once again, we got a slew full of goodies for Baby Z. I believe he has pretty much everything a baby "needs" now, so that is a good feeling. I still need to make a pharmacy stop for stuff a new mom might need! :)
 
Sunday was construction day at the Zora house. Before church we managed to hang some new shelves in our laundry room:
 
Simon, the Handy Man 
 
 
 
After watching a ridiculous Panthers game (but eating an awesome lunch) at the Erwin's house, we put Baby Z's crib together, which was WAY easier than his changing table. It probably only took us 45 minutes max to complete. Or maybe we're just getting better at this furniture building stuff!?
 

 
 
 
Sunday night, I met up with my stamping ladies and made some fun Welcome Baby cards. Lori and I had already made a stash of Thank You cards, but let's be honest, at this time in your life, you can never have enough of these cards lying around, right!? Here's a sample:
 
 
 


 
Earlier in the week, I'd had my "Transition into Motherhood" class. I wondered what they could really teach you about this, but I was presently surprised that the name was just a coverup for what should have really been called "All the stuff your husband would probably pass out if he knew" class. OK, so it wasn't too bad, but it was good to have a class with just the ladies and to have a teacher who is a straight-shooter and didn't leave anything out (I hope not anyway).

We discussed everything from the Baby Blues to how to sweet talk your husband to changing EVERY diaper of your child's life to the super sexy underwear the hospital gives you....and everything in between. Our last discussion of the class was about what our new schedule would be. Mine is below:

 
Dark Blue = sleep (I'm ambitious)
Light Blue = Baby Z
Green = Housework
Yellow (which is on top of one of Baby Z's triangle's) = exercise
Purple = Me Time
Orange = Food Prep
 
I got ambitious with the sleep triangles because I'm pretty sure the green and orange triangles could disappear from my day if they need...Simon is pretty good at both of those activities. Now if/when Simon's sleep starts to get too bad, I'll at least have the lovely pie chart to remind me how to organize my day!
 
But in all honesty, the classes from CMC have been great. We have a CPR/First Aid class in the middle of October, and then they seem to think we'll know all we need to know. Uh, I guess so. At least we'll have a baby nurse (aka Lori) just down the street on 24 hour call for us.
 
And on to the title of this post....this morning I had my 32 week appointment. Literally, it took 18 minutes! I wish they all could run so smoothly! Doctor (whom I am sure could have been a student of mine at UF) listened and said Baby Z sounds great. I wishfully asked if I might be able to get an ultrasound before 39 weeks (since Baby Z is measuring about a week ahead), and he said they won't even worry about it as long as he stays on his consistent one-week-ahead schedule. Oh well, I suppose I can live with that because I'd much rather NOT have him start doubling in size on a weekly basis.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you are 32 weeks! Glad it is going so well!

    ReplyDelete