Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back to Work....13 weeks update


Well, I've got one week back at work under my belt, and I must admit....it wasn't that bad! We did two "test" days at daycare the week before last so I could ease myself into being away from XYZ. I'm usually a 'rip the Band Aid' off kind of gal, but for some reason, I was feeling kinda anxious about this one. So when the daycare director told me plenty of moms do a trial run the week before, I decided to take her up on the offer. The Wednesday before, I brought him in and sat with him in his room. I talked with his 'teacher' and just observed the way the room ran for an hour or so. Then the next day, Simon and I brought him in together and dropped him off. I ran across the street for a run at the gym when Simon when to work. Then I was able to go home and shower all by myself. It was totally weird to take a shower and not feel rushed or have one ear smashed against the glass wall. Of course when I went to pick him up 3 hours later.....he was napping. He didn't even notice I was gone!

And here is what I found when I went in to check on him over my lunch on his first day there full time: 


Again...he barely noticed I was even there to say hello! He did give me a smile, but he kept that bottle in his mouth the whole time!

I did remember to capture the morning too....here he is on his first morning getting ready to go to school:




So now Simon and I have to fight for snuggle time on the weekends. We did attempt a family picture recently...Lily took this for us:



Here are some shots from this past weekend....as you can see, he is as big as my torso now! I can only guess that he must weight 14+ pounds now! He really likes that dragon book. It's just big pictures of dragon faces with googly eyes. He smiles at them all.


And we had our regular, every third year or so snow this past weekend. This was an odd one in that it actually snowed during the day and stuck to the ground...for about 24 hours. Luckily, my friend Liz was in town, and she got to enjoy it with us:



We kept X inside since he can't really play in it anyway. We figured why expose him, right!

So.....so far, so good with being back at work and X being in school. As you can see below, he's already bringing art home for us! (I stole this and hung it in my cube at work...Simon can have the next one...maybe!)


No comments:

Post a Comment