Friday, February 1, 2013

11 weeks update

Well....with just one week left on my maternity leave, I can safely say: "Everyone was right!" ...about everything. All the cliches are true...."it's the hardest job you'll ever love"; "just when you think it can't get any better, it does", and the list goes on and on.

Xander and I have had a great 11 weeks together at home. We were blessed to have Simon and many other family members with us for much of the time too. Next week, we begin our transition into daycare. One day I'll stay and watch his 'classroom' while he hangs out and meets his 'teacher.' Then one day I'll actually leave him there for a couple of hours. The hope is that it'll make d-day less stressful for me. I'm quite she he'll be fine!

We spent last weekend in Kansas City with some good friends. He barely noticed when I wasn't around. Of course Auntie Julie and Anne are pros at babies, but still....you'd hope your kid might give a whimper when you've been gone for a while. Julie got some good one-on-one time with him to share the ways of the world as seen here:

Then he got to hang out with Lincoln, who is two weeks younger. X shared some insights as to what the next two weeks have to offer. Here they are chatting it up:


Lori, Grandma Nadine and I finally got around to finishing up his letters for his room. I got uber crafty and actually put some hanging thingys on the back of them this week and hung them up. I think they look pretty darn good:



SO - the big return to work will be bitter sweet in a week. I am excited to get back into the groove of working but sad to miss the sweet moments with X at home. Some of my favorite times with him are just as he's waking from a good nap...as seen here:


After a good 10 minute stretching session (don't we all need those in the mornings?), he's super happy and chills with me for a while...before he realizes he's hungry:


At 11 weeks, he's still coooing often...and even a bit on cue now....and he's holding his head up longer. He seems to hate the carseat less...and may even enjoy it at times. He's getting on a more regular schedule of eating, playing and napping. He seems to be able to see and focus in on things better and better each day. He smiles often and even laughs here and there. I guess it won't be long until he's trying to sit up by himself....geeze Louise!


No comments:

Post a Comment