Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thankful Timing

While Simon and I can't take credit for planning the timing of XYZ's birth to be at such a perfect time of year, I am especially thankful for it. Here are some things I'm thankful for:
  • it's dark when I want to go to bed these days....7-8 p.m.
  • it's light when I need to be awake....5-6 a.m.
  • we live in the South, and even though it's only 50 degrees, if you stand in the sun, it's almost 70!
  • Simon gets multiple 'free' days off with the holidays
  • my mom gets several 'free' days off too
  • with the new calendar year, Simon's vacation time starts over in January, so he can stay home some if I need him
  • extended family has time off too
XYZ had his first road trip yesterday with the Erwin clan. We headed to Columbia to visit Grandpa Manny and his Kelley cousins. He did great in the backseat with Lily and Allie...they make good babysitters already. Note the acute need for another male int this family (that's a lot of estrogen):


X especially enjoyed hanging with his youngest cousin...she's older and wiser, so she is teaching him a lot:




Simon's mom arrived last night, and she's already got dinner cooking on the stove (it's noonish as I type this)! I've been able to sleep until 8 a.m., go to the grocery store alone, AND she and Simon are out on a walk with X right now, but I'm not even tired enough to attempt a nap...I really don't know what to do! She's here for 12 days, so I'm sure by the end of the visit I will have figured out what to do with all this free time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment