Monday, March 25, 2013

We've got almost 7 weeks in daycare in the books now. X had "school pictures" the other week, and I can't lie - I'm kind of excited to see them! Of course, Simon asked, "Are we doing that?" To which I replied, "Of course we are." Now I didn't go out and buy him a special outfit or anything, but be sure....he did look cute!  We put this on him the other weekend, and we almost fell down laughing. Of course, this picture makes it look like his head is Photoshopped on, but how freaking cute is this?


Since being back at work, I've learned to almost appreciate the middle of the night feedings....almost! It's our sweet time alone to snuggle. I mean, look at this face! I sometimes just hold him a little extra before putting him back in the crib so I can stare at him. (Don't worry....we're planning to stop the night feeding soon....like maybe even this weekend kind of soon!)


I must share- there are some perks to daycare (other than the obvious "I get to go to work and earn some moo-lah" perks) that I did not think about. These daycare ladies are professionals (I realize that I should hope they are professional, but you get what I'm saying/writing here, right?)! I walked in to pick him up one day, and he was hanging out in an exersaucer....as if he owned the thing! Simon and I have an exersaucer at home, but we had been too afraid to try it out. Um, he LOVES it! (though in this photo he looks less than amused, I promise, he likes it)



Below is a shot my sister took of us one random Sunday afternoon in late February....but I show it as a prequel to the session we had with my friend Annie this past weekend. She's the one who did our maternity shots, so we thought it only appropriate she do some baby/family shots too.


And one final, fun shot of lil man as he and I were on a lunch date with our friends one day. That's the same hat he wore home from the hospital!

 
He's getting to be such a big boy. At his 4 month check up, he weighed 17 lbs, 1 oz and was 26 inches long....keeping him into the 90s (percentile wise). His noggin was almost off the chart, but I'm not surprise...my head is so huge I can't EVER find a hat that fits me. I mean, really...Simon and I measured our own heads after the appointment, and my head is a whole inch larger than his! It's all our brains - at least that is what I told X when the doctor left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment