Monday, August 27, 2012

"How tall are you?"

So the first time I got hit by a car, the ER doctor checked me out and just said, "What do you eat?" Not having a really good reply other than "a lot of peanut butter and milk," I figured I am just one blessed chick not to have broken any bones or even gotten a bruise.

So when our doctor asked both me and Simon how tall we are at today's doctor's appointment, I figured that meant this baby is one heck of a 27 (and two days) weeker! Sure enough, they guess that he weighs 3 pounds already (ok, to be technical 2 lbs 15 oz) and is quite long. I guess all that peanut butter and milk makes big, strong babies too!?

She did allay my fears a bit when she said that right now he also looks long too...adding long, lean babies are easier to deliver than short, round ones. Here's a profile:


And even better - she said if I go into labor a little early (like 36 or 37 weeks), they'll just let me go. So....I shall be taking any and all old wives tales for bringing on delivery once we roll into November.

We also go a sweet ultrasound tech who enjoys breaking the rules and gave us our first 3D images of Baby Z. Here's his face:


He doesn't look too happy this early in the morning...but really, who does? I had just drank my sugar water - all 10 oz - so he was probably about ready to jump out of my belly at that point too!

Other than just being a big boy, everything else looked "normal" to the doctor and tech. We are sure he's a boy and that there is only one in there! :) All his organs looked good, and his heart rate and my blood pressure were both healthy rates.

So as long as my glucose blood work comes back good, I should be set to go until November.


1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the techs who "bend the rules" for extra 4-D viewing! And as if you needed the physics lesson on short/round versus long/lean for the ease-of-delivery equation. :)

    ReplyDelete