Saturday, December 29, 2012

6 Week Update

Well, we are six weeks into life with XYZ and still alive and well! Xander is getting bigger and bigger. I can't believe some women have to go back to work at this point. I mean, I'm just now getting comfortable with him at home and looking forward to our days together, so I can't imagine having to throw a new change into our routine already. I'm blessed to work for a company that not only has to honor FMLA, but a company that also provides me with a paycheck during the majority of that time.

X has had a big week this past week. Mamina has been in town from Canada, and we've been eating like champions! We've also done our fair share of shopping, walking and visiting with friends. Today we even got to Skype with our family in Dubai!

Speaking of birthdays....we were able to get out for my birthday a few weeks back. Lori and our faux mom-in-law tag-teamed babysitting for us. We were home by 9:30, but it was fun to get out with friends for the evening. I even had 2 whole glasses of wine....while over a 4-hour period....so I didn't pass out! :)

Our Christmas was fun too. Nanny and Mamina were in town, so X was barely set down. We spent most of our celebrating at Lori's house, but we did make it to the Erwins the Sunday before. Here we are:

 
 
  
With all this help around, I've finally ventured back to the road. I've gotten a couple of good 30-minute runs under my belt, which have been refreshing. It's nice to be able to push myself a little again. I know, I know, I'm not pushing myself too hard, and I am listening to my body, but it's been nice.
 
We have the luxury of having a babysitter (Mamina) in house for New Year's, so we will take advantage of our situation and head out to a little get together Monday night for that. I think we'll be able to make it to midnight....wish us luck!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment